Concise Resume PDF - Brief work history with skills matrix for quick reference (2pgs)
Contact me for References & Recommendations, Salary History or Resumes in Word Format
Now available: This proven manager is also an experienced graphic designer, animator, photographer and web developer who has produced successful marcom, ui, crm, e-tail, e-learning, training, SaaS, print, web, video, interactive, and motion graphics products for over a decade. With over five years of day in, day out management experience leading a team of creative professionals in a fast paced high demand environment creating a diverse range of products, he has what it takes to see your critical projects through to delivery, meeting every waypoint and surpassing every expectation.
Do you need someone who can coordinate a press check of the new brochure in the morning, schedule a con call critique of the new video spot after lunch with the sales team, and work with the SMEs to spec out the updates to the CRM portal before COB EDT? All while managing a creative team and keeping dozens of projects a month, on schedule, under budget, up to the requirements, while everything conveys the message and makes the company look its best. Then you are reading the right resume!
Multimedia, Graphic Design and Web Developer Consultant, June 2010 – March 2012
Neophyte Farms, Simi Valley CA 2010 – 2011, WildLIFE Associates, Half Moon Bay CA 2011-2012,
Multimedia and Graphics Lead Developer & Department Manager, September 2002 – June 2010
Rapattoni Corporation, Simi Valley CA
Started as a contract multimedia developer, but soon tasked to recruit and supervise new in-house multimedia and product design divisions. In January 2005, hired as the manager and lead developer of new multimedia and graphics department. Managed, recruited, trained, and evaluated a busy team of up to 7 talented developers and designers. Scheduled regular production meetings with subject matter experts, talent, stakeholders, management and other work groups to ensure that deadlines were met. Established priorities, schedules and time lines for all projects. Provided regular detailed reports to the management team and project stakeholders.Show details of Specific Roles and Technologies used at Rapattoni Corp.▼
- Project Manager: Responsible for the full lifecycle (SDLC and ADDIE) of all Multimedia projects. Guided the research, development, design, writing, production, review/approval, implementation and maintenance of all department deliverables. Conducted regular content review and updates as required. Supported other departments and workgroups by developing custom productivity solutions and software integrations for them. Coordinated on projects with other departments using Waterfall, Agile, CMMI & Agile Scrum methodologies. Example: worked with MS SharePoint CMS/Intranet (Agile) & Business Processes (Waterfall) teams to develop a lightweight, fast loading, Adobe AIR app that interfaced with MS SharePoint DB quickly and accessed critical customer, company and product data faster than launching SharePoint in Internet Explorer. The AIR app saved the company dozens of staff hours per week, and had disaster recovery features that enabled us to maintain our customers during disaster incidents that disabled our SharePoint Intranet System. Documented, streamlined and verified multimedia procedures. Created checklists and included logging for error prone procedures. Saved hundreds of staff hours per year on common tasks and provided easier fault detection and resolution. Technologies used: SharePoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, OneNote, Project, Gantt Charts, Agile Scrum, Burn-down Charts, Info graphic design, Agile, Waterfall, CMMI, Cross-Browser Authoring, RightNow CX CP, Lithium Idealab, EPMlive WorkEngine, and Mercury/HP ITG (now HP PPMC) Flash, AIR, HTML, HTML5, ASP.Net, XML, CSS3, CSS, cross-browser authoring, interpreting visual design, converting wireframes into code, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Department Manager: Recruited, trained and supervised Multimedia and Design Staff. Evaluated staff member performance and recommended increases, bonuses, disciplinary, termination actions as appropriate. Tracked all multimedia and design projects and produced a weekly report to management team and bi-weekly report to upper management. Maintained an orderly, presentable, positive, productive, professional work environment. Technologies used: SharePoint, Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Outlook, Entourage, RightNow CX CP, Lithium Idealab, EPMlive WorkEngine, and Mercury/HP ITG (now HP PPMC) Flash, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Personnel skills: leadership, strategic vision and tactical planning, mentor, trainer, creativity, positivity, empathy, determination, sys admin, problem solving, logic, bias towards action, project management, customer advocacy, critical review and cost value & ROI analysis. See case study...
See case study...
- Graphic Designer & Artist: Worked with CEO, marketing, sales and legal teams to standardize product branding and corporate identity across all presentation media. This improved our visibility in the marketplace, increased the perceived quality of our products and saved hundreds of staff hours per year. Maintained a large catalogue of print collateral. Conducted regular content reviews with marketing, sales teams, Subject Matter Experts ('SME's) and senior management. Updated graphic design as needed. Collateral products included one-sheet flyers, multi-page brochures, contract graphics pages and the company's annual custom holiday card sales brochure & marketing campaign mailer. Created and maintained a library of ready-to-use graphic art assets for other designers and document creators. Technologies used: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, Director, Premiere, After Effects, SharePoint, AIR, HTML, HTML5, CSS, CSS3, YUI, and cross-browser design & authoring.
- Exhibits & Events Support: Provided and managed technical services & logistical support for regular live events, including off site events where I coordinated with venue staff and transportation vendors. Multimedia department provided audiovisual, lighting, video recording, photography and presentation graphic design & editing. Worked closely with marketing team to design convention exhibit, graphics & media. This included producing several (2-4) Live action/Motion graphics HD video shorts (6-14 minutes) per year.
Computer Based Training Specialist, August 2001- March 2002
MCA Engineers, Inc., Oxnard CA
Multi Media Artist, April 1997 - June 2000
Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County, Los Angeles CA
- Desktop/Kiosk Experience: Created a new educational software program to reinvent the Seamobile (a mobile educational research submersible simulator multiple-display experience) as a static desktop single-display experience. Assisted education outreach personnel in adding and updating content. Designed new user interface, vehicles, graphs, displays and environments. Created graphics and illustrations. Programmed games and activities. Shot and edited video. Modeled, rendered, composited 3D animated video. Managed entire software development, including staff and coordinating with other institutions. Authored with Director animation & Lingo Object Oriented Programming, multi-platform CD-ROM authoring, video production, recording, editing, compression, d-top codec.
- Mobile Simulator Experience: Designed, developed, implemented new Seamobile mobile simulator (a mobile educational research submersible simulator multiple-display experience) computer system. Wrote custom programs to resolve integration issues between legacy Laserdisc players with new iMac computer hardware. Coordinated closely with outreach personnel to design, implement and maintain the system. Trained personnel and documented system. Managed implementation including, budget, procurement and installation timetables. Often maintained equipment in the field. Technologies used: Pioneer Laserdisc Controller, Director animation and Lingo OOP allowed integration of iMac USB with Pioneer LD RS-232C jack interface by hand coding a custom driver using AMIGA 7-line handshake, in reverse polish player strings. This in turn was run by the controller program I coded in Lingo executed by the user interactivity to run to appropriate video program on the Laserdisc to simulate the view out a porthole or video from a Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV). Director Animations and Lingo quizzing, interactivity included exercises in: physical marine navigation and radio triangulation, dichotomous key species identification matrix program with over a hundred species, engineering checklists, consumables tracking, cost value evaluations, real-time surveying, data analysis, hypothesis review and scenario projection. Maintained hardware equipment and mechanical systems repair, often in the field.
- Other job responsibilities included graphic and T-shirt design. Provided desktop publishing, video production/editing and illustration support to the largest museum on the Pacific Rim. Lended a hand, assisting guests, supporting programs and generally helping out when needed. Techniques used: Photoshop, Illustrator, PageMaker, Mac OS9 & OSX desktop support, MS Windows desktop support, Netscape Web Server Admin, HTML, CSS, tabular formatting, cross browser compatibility, customer service, phone skills, interpersonal skills, cooperation, systems integration, exhibit design.
Multimedia Interactive Exhibit Software Developer, March 1997 – January 2005
Channel Islands National Park, Ventura CA
Designed Park Physical Exhibit and Interpretive Multimedia Software to National Park Service software authoring and ADA standards. Technologies used: Project management, exhibit design, content management, editing, Director animation and Lingo OOP, hand coded HTML, interactivity & navigation design, ADA standards, cross browser compatibility, Photoshop, Illustrator and MS Office.
Website Designer, March 1997 - October 1997
Channel Islands National Park, Ventura CA
Designed Park Website to National Park Service Web Authoring and ADA access standards. Technologies used: Hand coded HTML, graphics compression for web delivery, ADA Standards, tabular formatting, web design, information design, cross browser compatibility, Photoshop, Illustrator and MS Office.
Software Developer, September 1995 - June 1996
University of California Santa Cruz, Division of Humanities, Santa Cruz CA
Designed & developed proof of concept interactive multimedia software textbook for Foreign Language Department, Spanish Board. Technologies used: Project management, content management, editing, Director animation and Lingo OOP, HyperCard, Apple Media Tools, hand coded HTML, interactivity & navigation design, quizzing, audio interaction, text recognition, OTR, cross browser compatibility, Photoshop, Illustrator and MS Office.
Tech Crew Audio Visual Technician, September 1995 - June 1996
University of California Santa Cruz, Cowell College Student Services, Santa Cruz CA
Set up lights, AV & PA systems for college and theater events, insured facilities security and safety for events. Maintained facilities and equipment.
Bicycle Sales, Assembly & Repair Technician, July 1991 – August 1994
Matt's Cycling Center, Ventura CA
Assembled, sold new and repaired customer's bicycles. Managed repair tools & parts inventory and scheduled major repairs & overhauls. Cleaned & maintained facilities, worked with owners to streamline an ownership change.
University of California, Santa Cruz, Bachelor of Arts, Art, June 1996
Concentrations: Interactive Multimedia, Web, Software Design & Development; Natural Science Illustration
Technologies/Skills Learned: Electronic Publishing Interdisciplinary Curriculum, Computer Science, Hand coded HTML, web design, graphic design, interactivity design & authoring, multimedia design & authoring. Iconography, project management, content management, technical and scientific illustration, field illustration, scientific communication, video recording (studio & location) editing, compression for web, local delivery or broadcast, multi-platform CD-ROM authoring, Object Oriented Programming, FTP, Unix Web server remote admin, productivity suites & word processing, UNIX, e-mail, cross browser web authoring, information graphic design, electronic publishing, interdisciplinary team leadership & support, remote sensing and training curriculum development/e-learning.
Ventura College, Associate of Arts, Liberal Arts, June 1994
- Brainbench Certified Photoshop CS5 Subject Matter Expert 2012
- RightNow Developers Conference 2009, Summit 2009, Southern California User Group 2009 & 2010
- National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP) Member & attended training seminars annually last 8 years
- Lynda.com online trainings PHP, HTML5, ActionScript
- Object Oriented ActionScript with Colin Mook
- Vise President of the Southern California Chapter of the Natural Science Illustrator's Guild
- Member Digital Designers Los Angles